Sunday, January 27, 2008

The First Alumni Meeting for 2008

As a regular session, which is the last Sunday of the month, we had our first meeting for this year this afternoon. As the president of our alumni association, I presided the meeting, together with the vice-president, secretary, the moderator, and together with some advisers.

It was an informal meeting, though. Because as usual, we had not reached quorum and we th venue was still on the kiosk near the gate of the campus.

Since we had no official office yet, I decided to have a formal office in one of the available classrooms that the school principal will provide. The organizations was established about a decade now and yet each new elected officers were still starting to build up the group because there was still no existing united group to restrengthen. So, our group, the newly elected officers, were still finding ways where to start and my idea is to start it with a formal alumni office to settle ourselves.

Another point I had opened was start the group with a prayer, and that is by praying the Holy Rosary every last Sunday of the the month before we start our meeting. I am a member and a leader of a rosary group and we call ourselves the Angeli Domini. We are praying the rosary every Sunday. Since I am an active member of this group and also a leader, I wanted to integrate the alumni and the rosary group. My idea was that the alumni will join the rosary group but we will be having our rosary at the HCM campus, so that it would be considered as a regular activity of the alumni also. But it was too complicated in that way because if we will have our rosary at the campus, it would be considered only as the alumni activity. Some would say that we will have our rosary at the usual venue of the rosary group and the meeting will be held at the campus after. But I would not agree with this one because the rosary will not be considered as an alumni activity, which I would like to happen.

At the end, we decided to separate the two and have a separate alumni rosary at the campus and those members of the rosary group will have to pray twice every last Sunday of the month then.

I don't know it my idea of having an office first will settle the group to improvement. But I am sure that if we do every possible thing to improve the group, everything will be just fine one day.

May God bless us all!

2 comments:

DubLiMan said...

I found you through the Circle of Friends meme, which tells me that you understand and like the link sharing concept of memes. If that's the case, then you need to get involved with the biggest meme of all: the "Big Bang"

Just follow this link and copy/paste the list into a post on your site. Add your site(s) at the end of the list and then let me know and I will immediately add you to the master list.
http://mondaymorningpower.blogspot.com/2008/01/big-bang-master-list.html

Let me know when you have posted the list on this site(s) and then I will add you to the master list, which will enable your link to spread to the other sites on the list.

DubLiMan said...

I noticed this site was listed on one of the iterations of the "Big Bang" meme. In order to get onto the "Big Bang" master list you will have to post the list somewhere on your site(s) first. There is no need to tag anyone, just post it. Follow this link and copy/paste the list into a post on your site. Add your site(s) at the end of the list and then let me know and I will immediately add you to the master list.
http://mondaymorningpower.blogspot.com/2008/01/big-bang-master-list.html

Let me know when you have posted the list on this site(s) and

then I will add you to the master list, which will enable your

link to spread to the other sites on the list.